Don’t let English essays confound you for a moment longer. Teachers are LOVING this book because everything that students need to write an essay from Years 7 – 12 is so clearly laid out and easy to understand. It will help students move from describing to ANALYSING.
It’s complex but SIMPLE.
This book helps students understand and analyse multimodal texts and explains in detail – persuasive devices and appeals, documentary and non-fiction techniques and filmmaking, dramatic and visual techniques and effects. It is so helpful for NSW teachers grappling with the new curriculum.
This is the book that you have been waiting for – finally you can master essay writing for English.
What texts do and their function and how they are influenced by the world in which they are created.
It encourages writers to FIRMLY state their opinion and be specific and succinct!
It also has fantastic examples and explanations of:
1. Super sentences that explain the effects of language and images and their cumulative effects on audiences.
2. PEEL/PEAL/PTE paragraphs and what needs to be in them.
3. How to plan an essay and the importance of topic sentences.
4. The metalanguage – all the techniques you have to write about.
5. Exemplary essays from: State ranked HSC student, top year 12 IB student, a Year 7 student, a persuasion analysis and outstanding Year 9 opinion piece.